Massage for Intimacy
You don’t have to be a Licensed Massage Therapist to increase the intimacy between you and your partner with a massage. You may not be able to provide all of the therapeutic benefits that a professional can, but you can certainly send your partner into a relaxed state of tranquility and splendor, and increase the physical connection between the two of you with long, soothing strokes. Here are a few tips to help you ease your partner’s tension.
- Set the mood of the room with some soft lighting and relaxing music. Make sure the area is clutter-free. Tranquility is far easier achieved in a tidy environment than one with a pile of laundry in the corner!
- Choose a massage oil or lotion that will glide on the skin smoothly, without clumping up or going dry after two seconds, but one that also won’t leave you or your partner feeling greasy. Good options: RomantaTherapy Creamy Massage Oil, and RomantaTherapy Seduction Soy Massage Candle. These products both contain pheromone enhancing elements to help get you both in the mood for love! If you think the rubby-rubby may lead to a little licky-licky, try Tasty Temptation Massage Candle. Like the RT candle, this one melts into a luxuriously warm massage oil, but this one’s flavored! You can choose Strawberry, Cherry, or Vanilla for your delicious massage experience.
- As mentioned above, long strokes will create a much more soothing massage than will short, choppy strokes. Start at one end of a body part and work slowly (s l o w l y… s l o w l y… s l o w l y…) to the other end. Due to the way blood flows through your body, it’s always a good idea to use lighter pressure when moving away from the heart, and more firm pressure when moving toward the heart.
- Speaking of pressure, unless you know what you’re doing or your partner specifically requests it, don’t try to work out any knots. Save that job for the professionals. A sensual massage can turn into a defensive argument pretty quickly if bruises form! Plus, unless you’re trained on how to get rid of muscular knots, your hands will probably cramp up pretty quickly, and that won’t be fun for either of you.
- To help ease those knots, use a bit of heat from an Amazing Hot Heart Massager or Hugs & Kisses. These reusable warming massage packs heat up to 129°F/56°C and stay hot for up to 45 minutes! I’ve actually started using these in place of hot stones for my own massage clients, and they work really well! (Yes, I am a professional.)
- Extra massage tools can be good, but be careful with them, again, unless you have proper training. You can actually do more harm than good if they’re used improperly. An excellent idea for a lovely added sensation is a massage mit! Made of rubber, these cover your hands and essentially do the work for you. They look a little funny, but they feel fantastic! Try a Love Smitten, or for some ultra-fabulous dual-action , go with the Super Deluxe Smitten to give you some tactile sensory options!
- Stay away from the spine! It doesn’t feel good to have someone rubbing your bones, and spinal injuries are pretty serious. If your partner is out of alignment, call a chiropractor!
Hopefully these tips will help you provide your partner with a lovely, relaxing massage. Maybe you can share this info and reap the benefits of having the tips applied to you, as well! And, if you need a professional, I’m happy to help you find a good one in your area.
All products are available at http://www.GrownUpSexEd.com.
For product recommendations, to book an in home GrownUpSexEd party, or to join our team of leaders and start your own business, visit the website, find GrownUpSexEd on Facebook or Twitter, or email GrownUpSexEd@gmail.com.