Date nights are a wonderful opportunity to take a breather from the daily stress of life and focus your energy on relaxing with your partner. It’s a proven fact: the more date nights you have, the more sex you will have. And the more sex you have, the stronger your relationship will be. Talk about an amazing bonus! However, planning a date night isn’t always the easiest task, especially when you feel like you’ve exhausted all the options your town has to offer. Never fear, I’m here with 15 great date ideas for you and your honey to try!
1. Karaoke. Before you cringe, hear me out! Karaoke is a great way to cut loose and lower your inhibitions, while giving your significant other a show. Too shy to do it in public? Most cities have karaoke bars with private rooms so you can serenade each other without the embarrassment.
2. Get up at 4am and watch the sun come up. Gather a flask or some coffee and retreat to a roof for some good conversation, some laughs and to welcome in the new day, all while snuggled up to your honey!
3. Plan a brunch. Put on some dressy threads and head out for a nice breakfast with each other at a local restaurant or boutique hotel. There’s nothing like starting the day with some mimosas and the whole nine yards. For bonus points: take a morning stroll after.
4. Get your favorite book and read the first chapter to each other. Literary taste can say a lot about a person. You may even learn something completely new about the person you’re with. What will your lover choose? Suspense is mind-numbing!
5. Become one with the great outdoors. The couple that hikes together stays together. Find a local park or natural area and get lost in the woods together.
6. Try something new to the both of you. Swing dancing lessons? Pottery class? Whatever your taste, it’s always fun to share a new experience together.
7. Play tourist. Go visit the tourist sites in the city nearest you that you never go to because, well, it’s for the out-of-towners. Make sure to bring a camera and take lots of cheesy photos. You get a bonus if you dress up like typical tourists (though I don’t advocate fanny packs under ANY circumstances!).
8. Collaborative art date. Get some wine, a canvas (or even just pieces of paper) some paint, and have at it! It will be interesting for you and your partner to see what the other comes up with.
9. Make it a cultural night. Choose a foreign film or movie set in another country and cook (or order in) some cuisine from that place! It’s an easy way to immerse yourself in another place’s cultural traditions.
10. Cook together. Find a recipe you both want to try or take a cooking class together! Even if the food turns out horribly, it will be a great story to tell.
11. Visit an art gallery or museum. You’ll learn a lot about a person, and the world around you, if you go visit an art gallery or museum. It’s a great way to get conversation flowing while having a relaxing day.
12. Sip on some fine wine. Find out if your local wine or liquor store hosts tasting nights. There is usually no obligation to purchase. Other specialty stores such as chocolate stores and cheese shops hold tastings, too.
13. Go see a fortune teller. We know you don’t need a crystal ball to tell you that you’re meant to be together, but it can be a giggle to hear how a stranger interprets your relationship.
14. Plan a hotel staycation. Even if you’re only a few miles from home, it can feel like you and your partner have been transported to an alternate universe. Put the “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door and spend the night ordering room service, getting down in the tub (not to mention that big, fluffy bed!) and sleeping in late the next day.
15. Make a fire. Plan a romantic bonfire at night for just the two of you. Grab some refreshments and roast some marshmallows while you spend some quality time with your honey.
Do you have some great date night ideas? Let me know in the comments below. How do you and your significant other keep it fresh and interesting?
©2012 Passion Parties, Inc. Reproduction and distribution by Passion Consultants™ is permissible for informational purposes only.